A beauty & lifestyle blog

Monday 9 February 2015

Review // Benefit's Roller Lash Mascara


At the weekend I picked up Elle Magazine for no other reason that wanting to try Benefit’s new Roller Lash Mascara that you got free with it. I love picking up the benefit freebies, they’re always so handy!

I’d heard some ravings about Benefit’s new Roller Lash Mascara and wanted to try it out and get involved in the all the hype myself. Unfortunately, I’m not completely sold on it.

Don’t get me wrong, Benefit have some cracking products in their makeup repertoire, I love their blushers and their primer is one of my favourites! But I’m just really not a fan of their mascaras – don’t get me started on the “They’re Real” mascara, that stuff sticks to my lashes like glue, which is a great thing for lasting power and it also gives my lashes some much needed va va voom but trying to get it off is impossible! I end up pulling some of my own lashes out! No thank you!

Anyway, back on track… I test drove the Roller Lash mascara for a day, I wasn’t doing anything major, it was a pretty chilled day as we were going over to the boyf's mums for a roasty. I put the mascara on late morning and wore it for a good 10 hours or so. Yes, my lashes were lengthened and it did hold a curl throughout the day but this mascara gave my lashes little to no volume what so ever! My lashes looked pretty thin and there was just no oomph there - which for me is a necessity as my lashes are pretty crap! I also noticed that by the end of the day I had a major case of the panda eyes going on which really grinds my gears especially as I didn’t actually have any of the mascara on my bottom lashes – I can only imagine I would have panda eyes x5 if I did!

Overall I’m a bit disappointed with this one. I had high hopes for it and it just didn’t deliver for me. Now for the people that have beautiful thick lashes that already have volume but just don’t have that curl factor – this would be for you! But for girls like me that have thin lashes that curl well anyway but are lacking in the volume department, it’s a no from me – I will say that it does give very natural looking lashes though! The length is there but the volume just isn’t. Sorry benefit!

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Ah too bad you don't like it as much as you expected. I'm really in love with this one myself, while I think the they're real mascara is a little bit less.


    x. Kelly // www.Elegantic.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a shame, seems like of lot of people have been enjoying it! still might have to try it as i love benefit :)

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah such a shame you didn't get on with it! I really like this mascara actually, I agree that it lacks in the volume department but the length and curl it gives me is great. Just stumbled on your blog and I really like it. xx

    Abby | Eärendil

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig