A beauty & lifestyle blog

Saturday 6 May 2017

The New "It" Concealer


When Nars brings out a new concealer, you best believe its gunna be the new IT product! With Nars’s sleek packaging and the brands reputation for amazing base products I can totally see why everyone and their mum jumped on this!

I’m head over heels for the Nars radiant creamy concealer, I mean that thing is my ride or die, holy grail, desert island must have concealer, SO when Nars came out with their soft matte complete concealer I needed to give this baby a go, especially after hearing all the beauty bloggers/vloggers bang on about how good it is. So these are my thoughts…


First off, the shade - When it came to what shade to pick, I stuck with vanilla (light 2) which is the shade I use in the radiant creamy concealer, so I knew it would be a pretty perfect match for me. 

When you stick you’re finger in the pot its feels super creamy and it does apply to the skin pretty smoothly but, BUT… I’m a dry skin gal and this is a matte concealer, you see my predicament.


Theres no denying this is a fuller coverage concealer, when I apply this under my eyes, my dark circles are gone! But it does look a little dry when I apply it there (maybe I just need to moisturise a bit more under there). 

My dry areas are my chin, my forehead and around my mouth… I hate to say it but the past couple of time I've applied this to my “problem dry areas” after a little while the product starts to dry, my skin basically eats the product and it just makes my skin look like a dry flaky mess *insert a million sad face emojis!!! I really wanted to like this, but I guess my skin is just a little too dry for a matte concealer huh?!

When I apply this to the red patches on my cheeks, it applies and stays MUCH nicer though! …Is it a bit extra have one concealer for your cheeks and another for the rest of your face?! 

I think I need to just play around with this concealer a bit more, I'm not ready to give up on this product just yet! xo
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I have combination/oily skin so I have a feeling this concealer may just work for me - I'd love to give it a try!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig