A beauty & lifestyle blog

Monday 1 December 2014

It's all about the "Boy"






I’m completely lusting over nude/“my lips but better” lipsticks lately and this is one of my crushes… the Chanel “Boy” Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick. Isn’t it beautiful?

The packaging is just as gorgeous and chic as ever, I do love those double C’s, but then again, what woman doesn’t?! It looks like quite a dark plum in the bullet, but don’t let that fool you, it’s actually very sheer on the lips and leaves a lovely pinky glossy sheen – so sheer that I don’t actually need a mirror to apply it. It’s also incredibly hydrating - perfect for this winter weather that's rolling in and if you want a little something more on your lips than just a plain lip balm!

The one downside to this beauty though… its lasting power, it’s pretty much zero! For me this lasts around about 1 – 2 hours on my lips before it disappears. Not great for the price tag, but then again this is one of their Hydrating Sheer Lip Shine lipsticks, so the giveaway is kinda in the name!

I hear this is one of Chanel’s most purchased lipsticks and is named after “the boy” Ms Coco fell in love with! Oh la la!

This was in fact my first lipstick purchase from Chanel and I think I picked a pretty good starter! I wanted something that wouldn’t just sit in my collection collecting dust, I wanted to actually be able to wear this lipstick day to day and this certainly fills all my requirements! SO, if you’re looking to dip your toes in the Chanel lipstick pool, but aren’t quite sure which shade to go for… I’d start with this one!

Side note: If you're feeling super generous, this would also make a great Christmas present for any woman in your family whether it be your mumsie, an aunt, a sister even a girlfriend! Who wouldn't love a bit of Chanel for Christmas?!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig