A beauty & lifestyle blog

Wednesday 5 February 2014

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil







I first saw these on the makeup and skincare heaven blog that is ViviannaDoesMakeup and instantly wanted to get my hands on one! Of course, when I went on an Internet hunt for the shade I wanted (Cruella) it was sold out everywhere! Which only made me want it that much more!!

I finally found the shade I wanted on the Selfridges website, and with it showing as "low stock" it immediately went in to my online basket and I snapped it up!

The picture doesn't really do the colour justice, It comes out a lovely deep red (but not too plumby) on the lips.  I would go as far as to say that its my perfect red! As its a crayon type pencil its super easy to apply and as its a matte formula, this bad boy stays put I tell ya! I put this one the other night and after eating a Chinese meal and drinking copious amounts of Disaronno it was still going strong! I did have to reapply this again once during the evening, it sort of disappeared on the inner of my lips (if that makes sense) but this has some serious staying power!

At £17.99 a pop they're not the cheapest of lip products, but the colour, texture and staying power of this beauty makes it a winner across the boards and a lip product that I would recommend to anyone! Totally worth the hype!!
SHARE:

19 comments

  1. It's nice to hear about a product that does stain for that long during eating/drinking, I find they're fine otherwise but as soon as you start consuming things the longevity just washes away! The shade looks gorgeous, really beautiful! x

    Lucy Amelia | flawedfairytale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! Other than one of my matte Mac Lipsticks, this is the only other lip product that really stays put! xo

      Delete
  2. Oooh I love the colour! I have my eye on "Dragon Girl" at the moment, a gorgeous bright red with pink undertones:)
    A MakeupHabit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Dragon Girl sounds lush! I'm a fan of a red lip! I'll defo have to check that shade out! xo

      Delete
  3. Hello girl...
    I really enjoy reading your blog. It would mean a lot if you check and follow mine if you like.
    xoxo Nika

    http://makeupbysparkle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! :) Will check ya blog out! xo

      Delete
  4. Love NARS.
    Great post, dear:)
    If you want, we can follow each other. Kisses
    http://fashionsecrets-oksana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! :) Will always follow a fellow follower! ;) xo

      Delete
  5. I love nars as a brand and I also love the red color!
    awesome post!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe! This is my first Nars lip product purchase and so far im not dissapointed! Will need to look in to more of their lip products I think! xo

      Delete
  6. I have one in the shade bolero and love it! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to check that shade out! I'll defo be getting more of these lip pencils xo

      Delete
  7. Love the colour of this, it looks so classy and chic and I'm sure it's really is amazing for that price :D x

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.youtube.com/marieljanina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! I would defo say i've found my perfect red lip! :) xo

      Delete
  8. I love NARS velvet pencil this colour looks beautiful, got the colour Dolce Vita it's my favourite! <3
    http://kkkiranxoxo.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a gorgeous shade! Will have to check out Dolce Vita - if its a red shade, Im sure it will end up on my "wants" list! Im a sucker for a red lipstick! lol xo

      Delete
  9. I really love the look of this product, I am a big fan of lip makeup at the moment! Thanks for the review I really like reading your blog! :)

    http://dreamlovelivefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely! You’re a total babe! :) Id definitely recommend checking out the Nars lip pencils! xo

      Delete
  10. Lovely post! Check out my spanish and english blog!
    I follow, follow me back! xx
    http://cuteyoungblood.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig