A beauty & lifestyle blog

Sunday 14 December 2014

Nude Lip Lovin'





I don’t know what or why it is, but this season I’m obsessed with nude lips! I’m usually all over the vampy dark red lips bang waggon, but not this year! There’s just something about a darker eye with nude lips and vampy nails that I’ve been loving lately.

I’ve been expanding my nude lipstick collection the past month or so and these are my favourites that I’ve been crushing on (pretty hard!)…



01.  Chanel Lipstick in Voltage  //  A gorgeous nude that came out in Chanel's Christmas 2014 Collection.  I got my hands on this gem at the airport on my way to Berlin...what's a holiday without a little airport shopping?! It's a gorgeous pinky nude with just a tiney tiny hint of shimmer to it, if you have dry lips the colour of this may highlight that fact so I always put a lip balm on first.  I'm also completely obsessed with the packaging! Its the whole click it in and then it pops out thing that Chanel has got going on lately, I love it!

02.  Chanel Lipstick in Boy  //  This is a beautiful "my lips but better with a bit of a sheen" type shade – I’ve done a post on this thing of beauty, you can find that here.



03.  Mac Lipstick in Hue  //  This is a light pinky nude, again, it’s a barely there shade and it is quite matt on the lips, I do put a lip balm on my lips before applying this, but I do find this lipstick lasts a good while on the lips. For these nights where you want to rock a smokey eye and want something neutral on this lips - this is the lipstick to go for!

04.  Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk  //  I've recently just purchased the Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk (as you would have seen in my last post). I haven't had a chance to properly test it out yet but I know this is a winner and a must for any nude lip lover! I filled my lips in with this beauty the first day I got it to see what it was like and I'm majorly impressed!




05.  Clarins Lip Perfector in [02]  //  I couldn’t do a nude lip post without mentioning this. I’ve had this for a while and I’m pretty sure these lip products did the rounds this past spring/summer. This is an all round “nude lip winner” for me. Its moisturising on the lips, and gives just a hint of pinky nudey goodness and I’m always carrying this round with me – the boyfriend also approves of this particular product, he says it tastes like vanilla *wink wink!

06.  and a drug store offering in the form of the Maybelline Lipgloss in Cashmere Rose //  This is another one that did the rounds this spring/summer and with good reason too! It’s one of those throw on and go lip products, very similar to the Clarins but a slightly different shade of nude and of course is way more glossy on the lips and has a tiny hint of shimmer to it. If you’re looking for a drugstore lip gloss of the nude variety, I would highly recommend this shade! (ps. this also tastes rather nice!)



I’ve got my eye on a few other nude-y shades that I want to add my collection. I’m slightly in love with Tom Ford’s Nude Vanille lipstick and I NEED Mac’s Crème D’Nude (obvs!). If there are any other nude lip offerings out there, recommendations would be greatly appreciated! xo
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. You have such a lush lipstick/gloss collection! Both of the Chanel ones in gorgeous!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig