A beauty & lifestyle blog

Saturday 23 April 2016

The Perfect Foundation For Dry Skin?


If you're having trouble finding a foundation that doesn’t cling to the dry patches on your face, has a dewy finish, is medium coverage but doesn’t look too cakey, doesn’t irritate your skin and also helps protect against those pesky UVA/UVB rays, then look this way - I know what you're thinking, can there be such a foundation? - Well, say hello to the It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Colour Correcting Full Coverage Cream + Anti-Aging Hydrating Serum (the longest name EVERR!)

I'm a dry skin suffer and have always been :/ the joys of working in an office environment I guess! I also have quite sensitive skin, so you if I get along with a product, ya'll bet your ass you'll get along with it just fine too! 

The It Cosmetics CC+ Cream is described as a "highly pigmented multi-tasking beauty miracle that truly covers everything, will not crease or crack in fine lines, and gives you a healthy, Your Skin But Better glow. With SPF 50+ this is truly a multi-tasking beauty miracle. It's 7 steps in one! It's your moisturizing day cream, anti-aging serum, pore minimizing primer, skin brightener, dark spot corrector, and full coverage foundation, and sun protection all in one." - They aint lyin people!


I know it says "CC cream" rather than foundation, but don't let that fool you! This baby kicks up some serious coverage for a CC cream and because its essentially a cream it doesn’t play up the dry areas on my face (I know I keep saying this, but it's true!), which is perfect for me as most of my other foundations seem to be doing this right now. This has quite a wet, liquid-y consistency and a little goes a long way, trust me! One pump and that’s all you'll need to cover your face – so this product will last me quite a while. I do have to work this in a little bit more than I do say my Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, but I think that’s because this is much more of a creamy texture. After I've worked it in, it sits on the skin beautifully, it doesn’t feel like I'm wearing anything and the lasting power is pretty good – I'd say I get a good 6 to 7 hours out of it! I also love that this is SPF 50+ and protects against UVA and UVB rays! And who wouldn't want their "foundation" to have an anti-acing hydrating serum in it?!


The shade I have, in case you were wondering, is fair – I'm *quite (*very) pale at the moment and this seems to match my complexion spot on!

I would highly recommend this to anyone with dry to normal skin who's in a bit of a foundation rut and feels their foundations just aren't cutting it! Warning though: I like to set this cc cream with a powder as this gives some serious dew to the skin, I like a bit of dew but not too much! I'm not sure how oily-er skins would get on with this, but I guess as long as you set it, I don’t think it would cause you too much grief!

I picked mine up from Beautylish here for $38 USD plus shipping - I think it only took about a week to get to me here in the UK which is fab! Would highly recommend checking out their website - they have lots of goodies on there!!

Hope ya'll are having a lovely weekend so far! I'm currently posting this from my bed and it looks like its going to be a beaut of a day! xo

Ps. I'm thinking about doing a little give away when I get to 500 Bloglovin followers! - Maybe give away some of my Sephora faves, what do you think? xo


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig