A beauty & lifestyle blog

Friday 29 April 2016

Kat Von D Liquid Lipsticks // Vampy Reds in Spring/Summer Time?!


Ok, (1) I know I'm waay late to the party on this brand and (2) I know, I know, we're coming in to spring/summer and the vampy reds should be put away, but what can I say, I'm "literally" a vampy moment with these Kat Von D Liquid Lipsticks.

Now when I say I'm "literally" having a vampy moment, I don't mean I've suddenly spouted fangs and glitter in the sunlight (although Brad Pitt in Interview with the Vampire, yum!)...I mean the shades I've picked up are not only vampy because of their colour, but their names. When I read the names of these 2, I just knew they would be comin home to mama!


The first is called "Nosferatu" which is a gorgeous browny red, it's really beautiful on the lips and glides on perfectly! The second is called "Vampira" and its a beautiful deep red/purple shade, the colour is stunning, but it does go on a little patchy at first which I was gutted about, but a couple of extra layers sorts it right out! As a vampire lover (I'm talking Bram Stocker's Dracula, the Ann Rice Novels/films and Stephen King's Salem's Lot) how could I not pick up these shades?!

These are the first two liquid lipsticks from the Kat Von D line up that I've tried and I'm pretty impressed so far.  They are a little drying on the lips, compared to say the Kylie Jenner Liquid Lipsticks, but then again they are super matte and I still really love them! I just stick a lip balm on before applying and it helps a little.  The lasting power of these is pretty great, after a night of drinking and eating, the colour is still on my lips, it does fade slightly in the middle, but I've found most matte lipsticks do that anyway. It is worth noting that they do have a slight sweet scent to them, but nothing major and it fades after a while when you put it on and the lipstick dries down.

I would definitely recommend picking one of these up the next time you make a Sephora purchase (if you haven't already!) xo

PS. Don't forget, I've decided to do a giveaway when I hit 500 Bloglovin followers, as a little thank you to all you beautiful people who take the time to read my blog - I think I'm going to pick a few of my favourites from Sephora to give away. Hint: The product mentioned in my last post will definitely be included and maybe one of the products mentioned in this post too! xo
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Oooh this is good to know! I've been meaning to try Kat Von D's line for awhile, but wasn't brave enough to take the plunge. I've always liked Stila and Lipsense..but it's fun to try new shades. (Especially those awesome vampy ones!)

    ~Lindsey
    http://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing
    https://myworldofanaddict.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig