A beauty & lifestyle blog

Thursday 30 January 2014

Girls Night In!

 
I’m much more of a stay in and open a bottle of wine kinda girl! Don’t get me wrong, I do get all fancy and go out occasionally, but me and my girl friends much prefer to stay in, open a bottle of wine (or 5!) and have a good old pamper shesh… with of course some girly movies, tunes and chats!
 
 
Here’s what’s in my “bag of tricks” as my friends like to call it… my top picks to for a great girls night in!

To prep my skin and take off any grim that’s built up during the day, I bring with me my trusty Bioderma! I've got a few friends hooked on this now! Then its time for the mask! You can never go wrong with a good face mask, I picked the Aesop Parsley Seed Masque, it cleanses, hydrates and is perfect for all skin types! So its great if you’ve got a group of girls on you hands wanting to try it! lol

While the face masque is a dryin, its time for nails! I always bring a selection and usually play it safe and stick with nuetrals, but thought id bring some sparkle and metallics with me on this occasion. Once nails have been painted, its time to sit back, sip my Gallo wine and gossip (we mainly talk about who’s hotter - Ryan Gosling and Chris Hemsworth! Lol).

When the face masque is dry and iv taken wiped off, Its time to moisturise... and I want to pack in as much moisture in to my skin as I can! Also a girly night is perfect to bring all your samples with you, especially if your travelling to a friends house! Your not left lugging a heavy bag of beauty products ha!

I start off with the Clarins Exfoliating Toner, for an exfoliating toner its very gentle on the skin, I’d highly recommend picking up a sample the next time your near a Clarins counter! I then spritz on the Skyn Iceland Arctic Face Mist (packed with minerals and vitamins), I cant say that I’ve noticed too much of a difference since using this product, but when are vitamins and minerals ever bad for the skin?? I then swipe on my trusty Hydraluron - everyone has heard the benefits this little baby packs by now! I then take a small amount of the La Roche Posay Effeclar Duo down my T-Zone...its now time for some serious hydration! I bought with me the Clarins hydrating face oil and the Yu-Be moisturizing skin cream - if your like me, who sits in a heavily air-conditioned office all day that sucks the life out of your skin, I put both on! just on the patches that get the driest, that’s usually around my chin area and for some strange reason around my eyebrows!  Again, if you’re near a Clarins counter go grab a sample of one of their face oils! They have oils for all skin types and they smell amazing! A little goes a long way, I only use about 2 drops, rub it between my fingers a little to warm the product up and pat it where I need.  (Shhh, don’t say I told you but because you don’t need to use a huge amount of this oil, the sample size lasts you a good while!) I then stick a heavy dose of my moisturiser on! I’m using a Clarins one at the moment…can anyone notice a Clarins theme running here?

Once the face has been prepped, cleansed and hydrated and i've put a good layer of the Nuxe Reve De Meil Lip Balm on its time to slap that hand cream on baby! I picked the Cath Kidston bluebell hand cream, it smells amazing, sinks right in and it doesn’t leave you with that greasy feeling you usually get with most hand creams! Plus the packaging is really pretty!

Those are my picks for a girls night in…of course its not just all about the beauty!  Gallo Wine, chocolate & the movie Burlesque were our other picks of the night! ;)






I Was surprised with a lovely bunch of flowers form the boyfriend on Saturday morning! Lilies are my favourites! <3
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Ooo this looks so fun! Girly nights are the best. Those flowers are beautiful :) x

    lamourjosie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I do love my girly nights in! :) xo

      Delete
  2. Hi dear, lovely blog you have here and such a good post, I hope we can follow each other, if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back!

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig