A beauty & lifestyle blog

Wednesday 22 January 2014

The January Detox: Part 1...

I know I’m not the only one that’s guilty of overindulging around Christmas and New Years, I for one am guilty of eating way to many chocolate truffles and I’m pretty sure I almost turned in to a Yorkshire pudding at one point!  Well, I woke up a few weeks ago and realised that I haven’t felt this sluggish in a while, I just couldn’t seem to get motivated…I decided it was time for a detox!!
 


Starting with my hair...

My hair is quite fine and long, so I tend to use a lot texturising products and I am naughty of occasionally backcombing my hair to give it some omph - a lot of hair abuse went on during all the Christmas & New Year parties. So at the weekends Iv decided to inject some much needed TLC back in to my hair.  First I use the Boots Build Up Removal Shampoo, a dupe for the Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo so I've heard. This leaves my hair feeling completely clean without feeling like my scalp and hair have been stripped within an inch of their lives!  Then for conditioner, I use Dove's Express Treatment Conditioner.  Sort of like a hybrid Conditioner and treatment in one, I find this injects some much needed moisture back in to my ends. This shampoo & conditioner are the perfect weekend hair detox combo!

To give my hair an extra treat, I have the Ojion Total Hair Therapy Rare Blend Oil. I Put this through the lengths and ends of my hair at night, wack it up in a bun and the next morning I wash it out and have noticeably smoother, softer hair! I love how this looks in the bottle and the fact you have to shake it up to mix it all together, its just fun! lol Plus it smells pretty good too...which is never a bad thing! lol

I love to use the Therapie Hair and Body Wash first thing in the morning or after gyming.  I can't really describe the smell, to me its almost citrusy.  Its perfect for a little pick me up when you wake up for work in the a.m. and it's still dark out and all you want to do is climb back in to bed! I use this as a body wash, Iv not yet tried it in my hair! I pick this up from Cult Beauty, the website describes this little gem as being able to help lift your spirits & enliven the senses, to rouse both body & brain from their slumber, and to restore energy levels, alleviate stress & help rediscover.  This could not be more true! 




I'm not usually one to slap on body lotion, but in these colder months, my pins look a bit dull and dry! To beat the body blues que L'Occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil! I found this in my stash and remembered just how much I love it. The smell, how do I describe the smell... oh the sweet almondy goodness! I slap this on and I smell as sweet as an almond all day. I will admit, it does take a while to sink in and can be a bit greasy, but once it has sunk in ...hello soft supple skin! Its not the cheapest of body oils, but I really do recommend this!
 
After all the "not so healthy" food, drinks, late nights and weather, my skin has been looking a little lack luster and because of the cold weather and my severely air-conditioned office, my skin has been feeling mega dry and dehydrated!  To add some glow and hydration back in to my skin I've been using the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel... now let me tell you, this product is in one word, fabulous! It does have a rosey scent, but as a non fan of the rose scent, this isn't too rosey! Its more of an oil/balm texture rather than a gel and leaves my skin feeling clean, soft and I've really noticed a difference in the brightness of my complexion and as a sufferer of sensitive skin, no beetroot face in sight! After this step I spritz on the Skyn Iceland Arctic Face Mist. Infused with glacial waters and multi vitamins, I thought it couldn't hurt to give my skin a spritz of this in the mornign to perk it up! I haven't noticed too much of a difference complexion wise, but it does make my skin feel fresh and multi vitamins never hurt anyone!
 
I then swipe on my trusty Hyraluron. A serum containing hyaluronic acid which is a great hydration ingredient that helps skin hold up to 1,000 times it's weight in water. Perfect for dehydrated/life drained skin! I use this baby morning and night under my moisturiser!
 
Iv decided that as I'm detoxing, I need to throw in a few face masks! My two of choice... Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Moisture Mask and Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque.  I've been using the Origins mask about twice a week, its really been helping pack the moisture back in to my skin and I've really noticed a difference in the areas that are usually quite dry.  At the weekends iv been turning to the Aesop masque, it cleanses my skin whilst still hydrating it. What's not to love about that combo!...Also, both sensitive skin approved! :)
 
Lastly, lips! Before bed, first thing in the morning, throughout the day, the Nuxe Reve De Miel is the lip balm of choice that I've been turning to to help cure my dry lips!... and I'd say its done a cracking job! Its got quite a thick matte texture, and does smell a little bit like honey (not too much!) but I love it!
 
Stay tuned for my January Detox Part 2...


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig