A beauty & lifestyle blog

Sunday 19 January 2014

My Top Products of 2013!


I know its a bit late (and its a bit of a long one so i suggest grabbing a tea...or a hot chocolate!), but i thought I would throw in my 2 cents to the whole 2013 Favourites! 2013 was a crazy year! One that I do not wish to repeat! Anyways, here are the products that made last year just that little bit more bearable...




Hair & Body 



01.    L'Oreal Ever Riche Shampoo & Conditioner:  My hair has never felt so nourished and soft, the smell is amazing and they don't contain any nasties! Winner winner chicken dinner lol! They're usually on offer which is never a bad thing! I'd love to try the masks, I'm hearing good things about them!

02.   Oribe Maximister Spray:  There is noting bad to say about it product! My hair has never looked so full and thick! Which is quite a feat for my long fine hair! Honourable mention:  The Oribe dry texturising spray, I've ran out and NEED to purchase another one, although I'm testing out a few other brands at the moment, hold this space for a post soon!

03.    Bumble and Bumble Blow Dry Straight:  Iv got naturally wavy hair that does sort of a Monica if theres even the slightest bit of moisture in the air, this helps keeps my locks at bay!

04.    Dr Bronners Magic Soap in Almond:  This smells A-MAZING! Whenever i open it i feel the need to have a Disaronno and diet coke! ahh! Its a great shower gel (It smells so good it almost makes me want to eat my arms!) but i mainly use it to clean my makeup brushes. 18 in 1 indeed!

05.    Therapie Hair and Body Wash:  I discovered this watching one of Viviannadoesmakeup YouTube videos, so of course i needed to check it out! This is a serious shower pick me up, I use this in the mornings or after the gym to perk me up and get me ready for the day! I cant begin to describe the smell, to me its almost citrusy.  I picked this baby up from Cult Beauty.

Skin Care



 06.    Bioderma:  I think this is probably in every faves video I've watched and for good reason to! Read my review of this here.
 
07.    Clarins Daily Energizer Wake Up Booster:  This stuff is seriously amazing! If your near a Clarins counter go grab a sample of this! I use this as sort of a toner.  I pour a small bit on a Cotton pad and dab it round my face, it leaves my skin feeling so fresh and awake! As with all Clarins products, it smells amazing too and I'm seriously addicted to this stuff, i get mine from Esscentual.com.
 
08.    La Roche Posay Effeclar Duo:  This stuff is often sold out in Boots and for good reason too! It helps keep pesky spots and large pore at bay! I use his in my t-zone only, i find it a bit strong using it all over my face. You really do need only a tiny amount, trust me, to much of this and it can make your skin sting!
 
09.   Hydraluron:  As someone that works in a heavily air-coned office this is a life saver!! My skin needs all the hydration it can get and this is managing to do the trick quite nicely! A highly recommended product!
 
10.    Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask:  This is another one for an office worker! I use this once or twice a week, I put it on at night and wake up in the morning with plump hydrated skin.
 
11.    Baby lips:  This is the mint one, with no colour and all I can say about this is yum! I love minty scents and as someone with really dry lips, this has been a total winter rescue this year! I does go on quite slick but after some time does dry in to the lips.  I'm a fan of a lip balm and out of all the ones I've tried, nothing I've found this year comes close to this!
 
Make Up & Nails:



12 & 13:    Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer with setting powder & Bobbi Brown Corrector:  As a sufferer of sever dark circles (no matter how much sleep I get!) I need a heavy duty concealer tht will last, wont cake and will do a great job at covering thos pesky purple circles! This ticks all my boxes for a concealer! Read my review here.

14.    Rimmel Scandle Eyes precision micro eyeliner:  Perfect for beginners just starting out with liquid liners! Its easy to use and has a super fine fine tip for getting right to the root of my lash line and because its so fine, you can build up the thickness of your desired cat flick look with no problem! The only down side, it does dry out quite quick!

15.    Rimmel Lash Accelerator:  I sort of discovered this by accident, I picked it up for my sister and decided that i really wanted to give it go myself...I'm on the hunt for my perfect drug store mascara and i can honestly say this is the best one if found this year.  I usually go for waterproof mascara, which this one isn't, I'd like to try the waterproof version! This coats my lashes well and really done lengthen and thicken them out! It can go a little clumpy on the lashes if your not careful but that doesn't really bother me.  If anyone out there has the same "I must try every drug store mascara" habit that i have, id recommend trying this one out!

16.  Mac lipstick in Charmed I'm Sure:  This was part of Mac's Marilyn Monroe collection.  Its the perfect red! I'm trying t save it only for special occasions because I'm not sure if you can still pick this up.  This is a matte lipstick and when i put this on, it stays on! The only way I can get this off my lips is with a cleanser or make up remover! It has some serious staying power! I've put this on at the start of a night out and have woken up the next morning with this still on my lips. (hands up if your guilty of forgetting to take your makeup off after a few Disaronno and cokes out in town with the girls! *raises hand!)

17.    Smash Box Photo Finish Oil Free Primer:  This may be my favourite Primer all time! I've got a few friends hooked on this stuff too! I put this on in the morning and my makeup will last a good 8 hour day at work.  I cant recommend this primer enough! It does have quite  silicone feel to it, but I can get over that. Its oil free, keeps shine at bay and makes my makeup last a ridiculously long... whats not to love?

18.    Sigma F80 flat top kabuki brush:  It was a toss up between this one and my Real Techniques buffing brush...but in the end, this one won! It blends in my foundation seamlessly and oh so effortlessly.  I jut loves the way this brush blends my foundation in to my skin leaving it looking flawless!

19.    Real Techniques Multi Task Brush:   This really is a multi tasking tool. Bronzer, blush, power, highlighter, you name it this brush can do it.  I prefer using this for blush, its the perfect size for applying blush to my cheeks. A firm fave!

20 & 21.    Essie Bahamamam & Chanel Lilis:  These are the two polishes iv worn most throughout the year.  The Chanel one was worn through Sping and Summer, the Essie polish through out Autumn and Winter.  The two perfect seasonal colours!!

That's a roundup of my top 2013 products! I'm looking forward to trying out different brands this year and broaden my beauty horizon!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig