A beauty & lifestyle blog

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Bobbi Brown Haulin'

 
When ever I walked past the Bobbi Brown counter I would always swatch the concealers, but never purchased.  I finally gave in and let one of the Bobbi Brown makeup artists at my local counter colour match me!

 
At first I wanted just the concealer, but she managed to persuade me to try the Bobbi Brown hydrating under eye cream first. She swiped a tiny amount under each eye using a cotton bud… now let me tell ya, my eyes had never felt so awake! I felt a difference straight away! – a very clever sales tactic there, one I fell hook line and sinker for!
 
This is a gorgeous eye cream and the women who was colour matching me also told me it also acts as a bit of a primer and helps the concealer last that tiny bit longer.  Anything that helps my under eye makeup stay put gets a thumbs up from me! But I have to say, I haven’t really noticed my under eye makeup lasting any longer!  However, I love the feel of this under my eyes, for me it does make them feel quite hydrated and awake – always a good thing in the morning!
 
Iv been using this in the mornings and found that as I only need the tiniest amount, this pot of moisturizer is going to last me a while! Plus I love the packaging!
 
 

 
After slapping on the Bobbi Brown hydrating under eye cream, she used the Bobbi Brown corrector in Extra Light Bisque. As someone with extremely dark circles under my eyes, I wasn’t expecting the Bobbi Brown Corrector to do all that much, but I was pleasantly surprised! It brighten my under eye area and did a great job at cancelling out some of the bluely/purple tones!
 
I apply this with my fingers, mainly because I’ve always done that with concealer and I don’t have a brush I like to use for concealer yet! I swirl my finger in it to warm the product up and pat it on where I need it.




On top of the corrector she then applied the concealer in Cool Sand.  I was hoping this was the miracle dark circle concealer I was looking for!  I have to say, I’m impressed! My old faithful concealer is the Collection concealer, which has quite a liquidy consistency to it, the texture of the Bobbi brown concealer, and the corrector for that matter, is buttery soft!
 
This does a great job of covering my pesky dark circles! It takes a little while to blend in to the skin and I find that I have to put a good two layers of this on, but I do really like it.  I wouldn’t say it’s a miracle concealer just yet, but it’s very close!
 
I ended up purchasing the concealer with the setting powder. In all honesty, I haven’t used this very much, I just forget about it! Bad Hayley! I suppose you could use the setting powder, not just for setting under eye makeup, but if you need a little “on the go” shine control! – I’ll have to keep you posted about the setting powder! But for now, I’m very happy with my dive in to the world of Bobbi Brown concealing!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig