A beauty & lifestyle blog

Saturday 10 January 2015

The Best Of 2014!



I can still remember writing my post on my top products of 2013! Oh how time flies right! 2014 was a great year for me and I found some products that I really did fall head over heels for! Heres a round up of my top products in 2014 (Warning: This is gunna be a lengthy one, I'd go grab a drink and some of your fave snacks!)...


Face & Body //




01. Aesop Parsley Seed Anti Oxidant Moisturiser // Love this! This is a must for dry/dehydrated skin. I’ve done a post on just how good this is (link).

02. Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm // The best balm cleanser I’ve discovered this year, my skin loves it! It feels like a spa treat every time I use it. You can find my review for this here.

03. Clarins Eye Contour Gel // I don’t think I’ve mentioned this in a post before, it may have been in a favourites a while ago. This eye gel is so cooling on my eyes and doesn’t irritate them! I notice a difference in my dark circles when I use this on a regular basis!

04. L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil // This is by far the best shower oil, Ever! It smells deliscious and leaves my skin feeling silky smooth! If you haven’t tried this, I highly recommend that you do!

05. Hydraluron Sheet Masks // This was by far my favourite mask of 2014! Its quick and easy to use and my skin loves it. You can read my review of this glorious mask here.

06. Bioderma // Who hasn’t heard of this by now?! Of course this was going to feature in my faves, as I’m pretty sure this did last year. A great makeup remover/cleanser!

07. Omorovicza Illuminating Moisturiser & Queen of Hungary Mist // I discovered this brand towards the end of the year but I’m still going to feature these two products anyway. These two products are incredible! These were included in the Introductory Set that is only available from the Cult Beauty website. I’m pretty darn sure these 2 products have featured in a few monthly favourites posts since I got them, but you can find my review for the Omorovickza Intro Set here.

08.  Victoria’s Secret Fragrances // I visited London for my birthday back in July and picked these two up – the Body Mist in Sensual Blush and the Very Sexy Now perfume. I haven’t been able to stop wearing these two since I got them. Both these scents are gorgeous and who wouldn’t want to smell like a Victoria’s Secret Angle right?! – You can find my review of the body mist here.

Hair Care //






01. Bumble & Bumble Sunday Shampoo // I love a good clarifying shampoo to get the build-up of products out of my hair and this is the best one I’ve tried! I should probably dedicate a post to this. It’s amazing – go and buy it!

02.  L'Oreal Elnett Heat Protect Spray Volume// I first heard Amelia-Liana talk about this in a YouTube video (iv forgotten which one now) and as I have long hair too, I thought I’d give it a go. It does the job well, it doesn’t leave my hair feeling greasy like some heat protectors do and it doesn’t take forever to dry my hair either! This is one hair product I keep going back to!

03.  Klorane Dry Shampoo with oat milk // This was another product recommendation from a YouTuber and a bloody good one at that! I’m a massive fan of dry shampoos and this is one of the best ones I found this year! I think this is another product that deserves a post dedicated to it!

Makeup //






01.  Mac Lipstick in Hue // Towards the end of the year I developed a pretty big obsession with nude-y lipsticks, this was the one that kick stared it all off! If you want to get in to Mac lipsticks but aren't sure where to start, I’d start with this one! – You can check out my post on my nude lipstick obsession here.

02.  Nars Lip Pencil in Cruella // If I’m not wearing a nude lipstick, I’m rocking this! Nars Cruella has been my red of choice this year. This has been massively hyped in the blogging world, and they aint wrong! You can see my review of this beauty here.

03.  Benefit Pore-Fessional Primer // There is nothing that I don’t love about this primer! It blurs and minimises my pores, glides on to my skin easily and dayum does makeup stick to this! I know were all guilty of falling asleep with our makeup on - if I’m wearing this primer, when I wake up in the morning, my foundation doesn’t look like its budged an inch!

04.  L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara // This has been my go to mascara this year! It lengthens and plumps (although it doesn’t really hold a curl). I’m still on the hunt for my one true mascara love but this one came pretty close to that title this year!

05.  Rimmel Blush in Santa Rose // For me, this is the perfect everyday cheek colour! Nothing to fussy or in your face and goes with pretty much every makeup look. You can dust this on or really build up the colour. This has been my most reached for Blush this year!

06.  Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil in Soft Brunette // I’m not a fan of a massively drawn on eyebrow, it’s just a look that I can’t and refuse to pull off! This fills in my brows nicely while still giving them a natural look, perfect!

07.  Real Techniques Brushes // Before Christmas my brush collection consisted of Real Techniques only, they’re just great brushes! My favourites that I couldn’t live without this year were the Buffing brush, obvs! Perfect for buffing in my foundation! The Blush Brush, again for obvious reasons! And the setting brush, I used this to swipe on powder under my eyes to set my concealer, its the perfect size.

08.  Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Light // This has been my go to powder, pretty much all year round! This takes the shine away, sets my makeup, adds a hint of extra coverage and all while not looking cakey! Just what a powder should do I say!

09.  Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation // I got my hands on this in the middle of the year I think. I was on the hunt for a good foundation, had a tester of this and fell in love! Its medium coverage but can be built up. It doesn’t look cakey, lasts all night long (with a good primer!) and leaves my skin looking luminous! A must-try foundation!

10.  EOS Lip Balm in mint // I’m such a lip balm junkie! This has taken top place of all the lip balms I own, I love the minty smell (and taste) and it’s just so moisturising and nourishing on my lips. I’m constantly applying this throughout the day, I love it!

11.  Chanel Nail Polish in Rouge Noir // I know I only got this towards the end of the year, but this has to be my stand out nail polish. I’m in love with the colour and not to mention the brand! (You can see my post on this here.)

12.  Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla // This really is a great concealer! I don’t think I could live without this gem now. I keep a backup with me in my bag at all times. If this concealer an cover the dark circles under my eyes, then it can literally cover anything!

13.  Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque  // This has been mentioned in many a favourites post! I have extremely dark under eye circles – no matter how much water I drink or hours worth of sleep I get, they never go away. This corrector is a must for gals with dark eye circles like me. I apply this every time I do my makeup. Another product I couldn’t live without!

14.  Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Liner in 001 Black //  I don’t think I’ve used any other liquid eye liner since I got this. The brush is small and sturdy which makes it super easy to work with and the colour is a true black. When this thing dries on my eyelids it aint going anywhere! I honestly can’t remember how many times I’ve repurchased this.

The Extras //

01.  Laptop // I gave in and finally decided to buy a new laptop.  Best decision I ever made! (find my post on this babe here).

02.  Berlin Street Style Book // I got this gem form Amazon, its such a great read! (check out my book review here).

03.  COFFEE!!! // I developed a huge cold coffee addition! I love it and I just can't stop drinking them!

04.  Amsterdam // I'm so glad I got to visit this amazing city with great friends.  Some funny memories were made here!

05. Bruges // We made a pit-stop in Bruge on the way home.  Its such a pretty place... and full of chocolate!! - You can see my Amsterdam & Bruges photo diary here.

06.  Centre Parcs // We went to Centre Parcs to celebrate the boy turning 30. We all had such a great time and the weather was amazing! I remember sitting round the pool sipping on a cocktail - it was like we were in another country!

07.  Longleat // Who does love a visit to the safari park and zoo! It was the best day, a mere cat actually sat on my lap, I squealed! I also made a penguin friend!



08.  Lulworth Cove // Such a lovely place to visit.  The views from the cliffs are incredible! (See my post on this beautiful place here).

09.  Charity Skydive // WOW! I still can't believe I did this.  It was incredible! (Find out all about my skydive here).

 

10. Berlin // This was another great city I visited this year and another amazing time was had.  I saw so many of the sights there! (See my Berlin photo diary here).

11.  American Horror Story // I could not stop watching AHS this year! Such a great show!




12.  Michael Kors Selma Tote // This was a birthday present from me to me.  I love it! (I've dedicated a whole post to this beauty - You can read that here.

13.  Diptyque Candles // I finally caved and bought a Diptyque candle - I'm now addicted to them!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I love that mac lipstick, also your bag is stunning! Love post xx

    Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many amazing products that I completely agree with, especially the Almond Shower Oil I've already onto my second 500ml bottle. AHS was definitely a great for me in 2014, it's fab I love Bette and Dot!
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig