A beauty & lifestyle blog

Sunday 4 January 2015

My NYE Makeup Look



I kept my makeup look for NYE simple as I was only having a chilled night in with friends, but as it was NYE I wanted to add a little somethin' somethin' to the look to jazz it up...really it was an excuse to wear my new Tom Ford lipstick in Black Dahlia! Such a gorgeous colour, I think this lipstick might just be able to tear me away from my nude lipstick obsession that i've been having lately!



I started with applying Benefit's Pore-Fessional Primer - A primer is a must, especially if it's going to be a long night! This is one of my all time favourite primers to use (If I'm not using eyeshadow, I do use this on my eyelids also).  For my base I used Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation, this has been my favourite foundation, its medium coverage (I'm not a fan of cakey full coverage foundations) and leaves my skin looking... luminous! I buffed in my foundation using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush.

To cover the dark circles under my eyes I used the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque - this corrector is a must if you have heavy dark circles to cover like me, it just takes the purple tinge away so your concealer does a better job!  I then applied the Nars Creamy Concealer in Vanilla under my eyes (in a v-shape), a bit on my chin, round my nose and anywhere I felt that needed a bit of extra covering up - I blended that in with my fingers.  I then swiped Mac's Mineralise Skin Finish in Light across my face where needed, to set thing in place.

I then focused on my cat-flick eyeliner, for this I used Rimmel's Exaggerate Liquid liner in 001 Black. It's got a tiny brush on it which makes it super easy to use - If you're not confident to use this straight away, I would draw your cat-flick eyeliner on with a liner pen first (Soap & Glory's eyeliner pen is a good one), if you draw it on with a pen first you are able to fix it if needed as the liquid, when it dries, it's is stuck on there and its really hard to fix! Once you've drawn your cat-flick on with the pen and are happy with it, go over it/fill it in with the liquid liner to make it super black! I decided not to use any eyeshadow, I couldn't be bothered to faff around with that, but I did pop a bit of The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer in the inner corners of my eyes! I curled my lashes with my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers and added lashing of my favourite mascara, the Miss Manga Mega Volume Waterproof Mascara!

For blush I used Nars Douceur, I wanted a hint of colour on my cheeks but not too much colour as I was going for quite a dark lip. This blush adds a natural looking flush, perfect! On top of that I swiped a bit of The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer on the tops of my cheeks... a girls got to have some highlight, especially on New Years Eve! If you're looking for a good highlighter thats purse friendly, I would recommend this one.  I also filled in my brows using the Hourglass Arch Brow Sculpting Pencil.

Lastly, I lined my lips with Charlotte Tilbury's Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk and filled them in.  I wanted to line and fill in my lips with a natural colour so I didn't take any colour away from the gorgeousness that is Tom Ford's Black Dahlia - I found that by filling in my lips with liner it gave the lipstick something matte to hang on to and I found the lipstick lasted longer!  Last but not least, I applied Tom Ford's Black Dahlia Lipstick, the star of the show...done!

Hope you're all having a great weekend! I go back to work tomorrow...I'm not looking forward to it! xo
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You look stunning!! Love that nars blush! xx

    Abi | abistreetx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig