A beauty & lifestyle blog

Sunday 3 July 2016

June 2016 // Favourites


How crazy scary is it that we're officially over half way through the year?! Also... we're now in my birthday month!!!

I've had a major blog drought in June - things have been a little crazy with work, I've not been well blah blah blah - but I've pulled myself out of my funk for this post.  I love doing monthly favourites posts, they're also my favourite ones to read/watch!

01.   NYX Matte Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray // I picked this up in my lil NYX haul a few weeks ago and I'm honestly surprised at how much I love this! I decided to go for the matte one rather than the dewy one as, in my head, I decided that a dewy setting spray probably wouldn't make my makeup last like a matte one would - FYI, I was totally right, my friend bought the dewy one and it really doesn't work that well! This baby makes my makeup LAST! For ya'll sensitive skins out there this product doesn't break me out or irritate my skin in any way - If your new to setting sprays like I am, I definitely recommend giving this one a go first!

02.   NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm // This is another product I picked up in my lil NYX haul and it basically hasn't left my lips since! I'm pretty sure everyone and their dog have heard about this product by now. The texture is so unusual for a lip product but its beautiful and creamy, it dries fast, its opaque and doesn't dry my lips out at all. Also, Stockholm is the perfect nude shade.  I love wearing this when I'm wearing a minimal face of makeup, it just gives it that something extra  - what more could you want in a lip product?!

03.   Eucerin Intensive Lip Balm // This is my lip saviour! Working in an air-con office isn't just dehydrating and shit for my skin, it dries my lips out quite a lot too.  I've tried SO many lip balms and  none have made my lips feel as soft and smooth as this one! Its pretty pricy for a "drugstore" lip balm (around £6) but for soft lips and for my matte lipsticks to glide on and have no dry bits looking all gross...I'm willing to pay that price! I picked this up in my local Boots, but you can find it on Amazon too.

04.   Rimmel Match Perfection in 010 Ivory // Who knew I would love a "drugstore" concealer?! Its still no comparison to my Nars Radiant creamy Concealer but for a "drugstore" concealer this is pretty far up there in terms of pigment and lasting power! This does a great job at brightening my under eyes, it doesn't crease and it doesn't break the bank - winner winner chicken dinner!

05.   Mac Pro Longer Concealer in NW20 // I have love hate relationship with this product and this past moth I've fallen back in love with her! I think it depends on how my skin is behaving and how I apply it, but this past month i've been using this product instead of a foundation, using my sigma flat top kabuki brush to stipple it in to my skin and I've been loving the coverage and the lasting power.  I still prefer to use a different concealer for my under eyes, or at least my Bobbi Brown corrector underneath before using this as an under eye concealer, but this is definitely growing on me more and more!

06.   Avene Hydrating Soothing Cream // I have the MOST temperamental skin EVER! Over the past couple of weeks my skin has been extremely itchy, a little dry and has also come out in a few hives here and there, which means I'm back on the antihistamines.   I swear I never had problem skin like this until I used the Lush Million Dollar Moisturiser (you can read my allergic reaction story here).  I was using E45 on my face but even that was starting to sting so I decided to give the Avene Hydrating Soothing Cream a go and my skin *touches wood a million times* is finally behaving itself and has settled down. This is so gentle on my skin and really does sooth it - for a while my skin was an itchy annoying mess and after a few days of using this moisturiser my skin is looking better than it has done in months! If you have super sensitive/allergic skin I would 100% recommend giving this brand a go! Trust me - I have to be super careful with what I put on my skin and if I can use this, then I'd say anyone can!

07.   Origins Drink Up Intense Overnight Mask // This is an oldie but a goodie! Like I said above my skin has been tres annoying lately - this is one mask I know I can trust to inject some much needed moisture back in to my skin without causing my skin to react badly! This is hands down one of my favourite masks of all time - pretty bold statement I know, but trust me, once you have this mask in your life, it will forever be apart of your skincare collection!

Hope all you beauts are having a great weekend! xo
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I can really see myself picking up every shade of NYX Soft Matte Creams and this one looks gorgeous, they really are a star product, so inexpensive :)
    xxx Claire
    http://www.claireellis.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get that - every time I walk in to Boots I walk straight to the NYX Matte Lip Creams lol. Amazing quality and even better price! :) xo

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig