A beauty & lifestyle blog

Sunday 12 June 2016

Skin Mists // Budget vs High End


These two really are heaven in a pretty bottles.  I first started getting into face mists because I have quite dry skin and wanted a product that was great for "on the go", well, both of these certainly are! And if you have dry skin like me, trust me, you need to get on the ol' face mist band waggon!

Both of these have featured in numerous favourites posts since making them part of my beauty stash, but the other day, as I was holding both in my hands trying to make the decision on which one to spritz on my face... I literally couldn't decide! That was when this blog post was born.  I clearly love them both and need to show them some serious love on my blog!

I've done a whole post raving about the Pixi By Petra Hydrating Milky Mist (you can read that here) but I've yet to do a post raving solely about the Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist - so thought why not combine 2 posts (one raving about the Tatcha Mist and one comparing both of my two favourites).

The Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist is described as a silky liquid spray on moisturiser made up of of Squalane, Red Algae and Tatcha's anti-aging HADASEI-3™ Complex. It gives a boost of soothing hydration, resulting in dewy, luminous skin anytime, anywhere.  This could not be more true!

I can't get enough of the Tatcha Skin Mist, it genuinely works! This little baby gives my skin a serious serious hit of hydration! If I know I've got a super long day ahead of me, I will give my skin a spritz of this before putting my moisturiser on, because it really does keep my skin hydrated and juicy all day! I can totally see why this is one of Kim Kardashian's faves.

It is quite a milky consistency, its a thicker consistency than the Pixi Mist, but then again this is basically a spray on moisturiser with crazy good ingredients and benefits! The scent of this product is also beautiful, like spa beautiful. I spritz this on, pat it in to my skin, apply my moisture on top and my skin is ready to go all day!  The only downside is that I don't really like to apply this more then say twice a day, because my skin would get a little "too" dewy and personally, I don't like to spritz this over a full face of makeup. A little spritz to get the dew back if you'e gone a bot OTT on the powder would be ok but, for me, this is far too expensive to use over makeup, I would much use this direct on my skin and reap the benefits!

The Pixi by Petra Hydrating Milky Mist, oh how I love thee. This still has that milky look, but its a lot thinner then the Tatcha mist. Its described as a featherweight, skin-nourishing spritz, brimming with hyaluronic acid, to attract water and maintain moisture levels. The perfect way to boost dewiness without suffocating your complexion - Also, anything with youth preserving on the bottle is a winner for me!

This one I will apply throughout the day and do like to keep this in my draw at work for a little afternoon pick me up. The hydrating factor for this one isn't as long lasting as the Tatcha, but because this one isn't as pricey (£18) I feel I can spritz this allot more... also I just want to point out that when I do spritz this on my face, I go to TOWN on it, and its looks like I've hardly used it, how amazing is that! This also smells likes coco butter, ummm!

Gun to my head, I honestly couldn't pick a favourite out of these 2! They are both beautiful, both hydrating, both do what they claim to do! To make that choice between these two I think it comes down to the individual and what your budget is. If you're a totally newb when it comes to skin mists, I would totally recommend picking up the Pixi one first, if you love it and feel you want to invest in a higher grade product, then go for the Tatcha after.

Side note:  If both of these were to run out, firstly I would be MEGA sad, but... I can totally see myself running out and repurchasing the Pixi Mist first... you just can't beat the great product you get for such a great price! 

Hope all you beauts are having a great weekend xo 
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I have really been wanting the Tatcha one, but I have just chocked on the price of it so maybe not now lol!

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try Tatcha, but like you said this is too expensive to put over make up and that's really what I tend to use sprays for. I think maybe I'll stick to Pixi!

    Sammy xo.
    www.littlefickle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both sound amazing - I still haven't tried anything from Pixi but this hydrating milky mist sounds like a dream!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig