A beauty & lifestyle blog

Tuesday 24 May 2016

UD Naked Skin Concealer // Review


After hearing all the blogger/YouTube gals continuously rave about just how good the Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer is (longest name everrr!), me being the concealer addict that I am, NEEDED to try it out!

I'm a massive fan of the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer and wondered if this could live up to that and the all the hype surrounding it… I've had this/been trying this out for a while now and verdict in – it’s a pretty great concealer, but (yes there's a but) for me personally it doesn’t work that well at completely concealing my dark under eye circles like I hoped it would. I thought this would be one of those great all-rounder concealers and it just isn’t for me *sad face! I will say though that I have horrifically dark circles and always need to use a corrector underneath my concealer, but for me, even with a corrector underneath, it just didn’t give me the coverage I'd hoped for. Maybe it's because this concealer is slightly runnier than and not as thick as my beloved Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer.



(You can see here that I've swatched it next to my Nars concealer – the Nars is a thicker consistency and not as yellow toned. The UD concealer is in the shade Light Warm and the Nars concealer is in the shade Vanilla.)

On the plus side, this concealer works great on the rest of my face! I don’t use foundation on the reg, I'm more of a "im just gunna put concealer where I need it rather than cover my whole face" kinda gal. I love using this product when I'm in a rush (usually in the mornings) because it matches my skin perfectly and (because it is quite a runny consistency) it buffs in to the skin beautifully and effortlessly. I also like to take this with me for face touch ups during the day.

I would definitely say this is one to try, especially if you haven’t got dark dark under eye circles (and for that I am extremely jealous!) – I think this would be great for you! But for me personally, this concealer hasn’t managed to knock the Nars concealer off the top spot! 

Happy Wednesday beauts ... I'm off to go get my next tattoo tomorrow eeep! xo
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I use concealer over foundation as well, just covering where needs to be covered really - this sounds like a pretty good lightweight concealer, I'd love to try!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried the Urban Decay concealer but love the Nars one and think this is one I will be sticking with just because Vanilla looks perfect on my pale skin and it's not as yellow toned which really stands out on my skin and makes it much darker :( x

    Jenny | Krystel Couture

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig