A beauty & lifestyle blog

Monday 30 May 2016

A Little NYX Haul


A NYX counter FINALLY came to my local Boots store and the inevitable happened!...

I just couldn't help myself, I got a whatsapp from a friend of mine saying that the NYX counter had at long last got its ass to Boots and I was like a moth to a flame.  I'd been toying with the idea of making an online purchase but I'm so glad I waited, being able to swatch makes its so much better!

I already had in mind what I wanted to pick up and the Soft Matte Lip Creams in Stockholm (the gorgeous peachy pink shade) and Copenhagen (the dark and delicious vampy plum-red shade) were top of my list! I'm so glad I picked these 2 up, they sit on the lips beautifully - Stockholm is already a fave! I actually recommended this shade to a friend who then picked it up and is now in love with it too.

I then spotted the "bases" section.  I saw the Born to Glow Liquid Illuminator in Sun Beam, saw the price tag and it was immediately in my hands.  I've not given this a proper go yet, but my first impression is that this isn't something I would mix with foundation for an all over glow, its shimmer is a bit chunky for me, but this would look beautiful on the cheeks, or on the eyes. I also couldn't resit picking up one of the setting sprays, I decided on the Matte Finish Setting Spray, rather than the Dewy Finish as in my head I thought a Matte Finish would last longer and I can always add highlight with highlighter... it made sense in my head!


The Slide On Glide On Waterproof Eyeliner in 09 Tropical Green was a total spare of the moment purchase.  I think I got caught up in the hype of finally having a NXY counter in our Boots, there were a ton of people around the stand, I swatched it on my hand, fell in love with the colour and so went for it...I now have to figure out how I'm going to make this product work for me, I'm sure I'll find a way, the colour is just stunning and has a slight gold shimmer running through it!

Hope ya'll are having a great bank holiday weekend... there are so many discounts going on today, I just know my bank balance is going to hate me even more! xo
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. You picked up some real gems - I found a NYX counter near me and I was so excited. I love the look of the shade Stockholm, such a nice peachy pink!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the Soft Matte Creams too, especially the shade Zurich, it's lovely :)
    xxx Claire
    http://www.claireellis.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig