A beauty & lifestyle blog

Wednesday 11 December 2013

Molecule 01: Review

I was on the hunt for a new perfume as my old favourite, Marc Jacobs Daisy, was on its last legs *sad face! Id heard rave reviews about this perfume on YouTube, blogs and even the Cult Beauty website! (See my cult beauty review here) so thought I’d take the plunge and order it for myself!

The sciency bit:

"Escentric Molecules' Molecule 01 is created from the aroma-chemical Iso E Super, which works as more of an effect than a fragrance. The subtle, velvety, woody scent melds with your natural pheromones, it smells different on everyone and alluring on anyone. You will rarely smell this fragrance on yourself, Molecule 01 is more about the effect it has on others.

Developed by rising star of the perfume world Geza Shoen, Molecule 01 is an innovative fragrance that melds with your natural pheromones to create an individual scent that is unique to you. Molecule 01 is an expert favourite that gives the unique quality of a bespoke fragrance with a purse-friendly price tag."

In all honesty, I’m not too sure on this perfume.  I’m not very good at describing scents, but to me it smells more like a cologne than a perfume, maybe that’s because I’m used to more floraly, sweet scents, to me this perfume is quite spicy and musky…although a friend of mine said it smelt more of soap or freshly washed clothes?! Lol I was under the impression from the description that you’re not supposed to smell this on yourself, but I can certainly smell it on me. But im not sure if the scent i can smell, is the scent that otehrs can smell on me?!  I can say that the reviews for this perfume on the Cult Beauty website make for very interesting reading! (link here)… I wish it made me smell of cake! Lol

I’d say for this perfume, purchase at your own risk! It does say that its supposed to smell different on everyone, maybe I should spritz it on the boy and see what it smells like on him?  I don’t think I’ll be repurchasing this when I eventually finish it! Luckily I purchased the small travel size bottle, Id recommend buying the smaller size first rather than invest in the bigger bottles!...On a side note, it would make for a great stocking filler this Christmas, more for the gimmick factor of finding out what this will smell like on you!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig