A beauty & lifestyle blog

Sunday 13 July 2014

Review: Garnier Ultimate Blends



I was wondering through the beauty isles in my local Tesco a few days ago (my local Tesco is insanely huge!) and spotted the new Garnier Ultimate blends collection on offer. I’m a sucker for anything new and especially when it’s on offer, so I thought I’d give it a go! Also  I had recently put a dry hair oil through my locks which had completely dried them out *sad face! So I was on the hunt for something to put some moisture back in to my hair!  Needless to say I decided to pick up the new Garnier Ultimate Blends Avocado Oil and Shea Butter shampoo and conditioner for dry and damaged hair.  I had also run out of my fave dry shampoo and needed to pick up another, so I picked up the new Garnier Silky 7 in 1 dry shampoo with vanilla milk.


Firstly, the smell…oh the smell! These products smell amazing! I actually took a whiff of all the different scents from the Ultimate Blends range… yes, I was stood their for a while! The Avocado Oil and Shea Butter range smells incredible and reminds me of a proper beachy holiday, argh I could just smell it all day!! Seriously, go smell them!  However, I will say that the scent doesn’t stick around in your hair after you wash it out, I don’t know about anyone else but if I have an amazing smelling shampoo and conditioner, I want to be able to smell it in my hair after lol!

I usually reverse wash but when I first tried these I did the bog-standard shampoo, rinse condition, leave on for a few minutes, then rinse.  I have to say, I’m actually not that impressed so far *sad face! I really wanted to like this range and I’d hoped it would inject my locks with a ton of moisture and leave them feeling soft, smooth and luscious. Now I’ve only used them the once, but I’ve not actually noticed any immediate difference like I have with some other shampoo and conditioners I’ve used in the past!

The shampoo didn’t really lather up and I felt like I had to work really hard to get the product out of my hair.  When I poured the conditioner out its quick a thick consistency so I thought it would work wonders but when I washed it out, dried and styled my hair (I always use heat protection!) My ends didn’t feel all that soft.  I’m hoping that the more I use these products the better they get! I will stick with them as they do smell amazing! But I’m not overly impressed so far!... maybe its just the avocado and shea butter range?  If any of you guys have tried any of the other scents let me know what you think!







Next up the Garnier dry shampoo… I am MASSIVELY impressed with this product! By far my best purchase out of my little Garnier haul!  Again, this smells incredible! The scent really lasts in my hair (great if you like that sort of thing, not so great of you don’t!) I smelt like a freakin holiday all day! It didn’t leave any gritty feeling in my hair and kept the greasiness at bay all day. I’m so in love with this product! Also a major plus point is that it doesn’t leave that really annoying white/grey residue, its completely clear! I would highly recommend this product!! I am totally going to repurchase this when I run out!

Side note:  I’ve even spritzed a bit of the dry shampoo through clean hair just because I love the smell so much! Lol!

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I haven't heard of these before. That is too bad that your hair didn't really feel super nourished after using it. I have been loving the Yes to Blueberries and the Yes to Cucumbers shampoos and conditioners. Great post!
    englishbrkfstt.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig