A beauty & lifestyle blog

Wednesday 16 November 2016

(Late) October Favourites


Well, hello November! You've certainly crept up on us! Am I the only one who feels like October has been a bit of a blur?

It don’t know whether it was because I spent the beginning of October in an out of hospital and generally feeling rather shit, or whether it's because the leaves have only just started to change colour – it just feels like I've been robbed of a month and I haven’t really had much of an October, although I bloody loved Halloween (I didn’t love the hangover I had the next day!)

Anyway, before I get too deep about the loss of October 2016, here are some things that I've been LOVING …

01.   Scarf, Topshop // I heart scarfs 4 evz! They're cosy, snuggly and sometimes just make an outfit whole! This scarf is the one I've been gravitating towards more than any of my others – I think it must have something to do with how soft it feels, oh and black just goes with everything doesn’t it? You just cant go wrong with a classic black scarf - I mean, its no Acne scarf (one day, one day!), but its as good as I'd say!

02.   Bobbi Brown Hydrating Mask, John Lewis // I've actually got a post in the works including this beauty, that’s how much I've been loving it lately. This time of year my skin gets so annoyingly dry I'm forever reaching for things that give my skin a break and this particular mask seems to be cutting the mustard for me lately! It's so incredibly hydrating that I slap this on at night before bed (about 2 times a week) and I awake with plump and satisfied skin. I know this mask isn’t the cheapest, but if it works on my skin (and my skin is the fussiest!) this will work a treat for you!

03.   Marc Jacobs Mascara, Sephora // I didn’t like this mascara when I first got it, it was just too wet for me, but now it's dried out a bit, I can't get enough. It lengthens, thickens, holds a curl, this mascara does it all - I just wish it was smudge proof, then it really would be perfect, although I just pop a coat of waterproof mascara on top and it sorts that right out. I've had this for more than a few months now, I think it's time for me to chuck it away and pick up a new one, and I will be picking up a new one! Side note: How incredibly chic is the packaging? Bravo Mr Jacobs!

04.   NYX Powder, Boots // If you're a newb at "baking" (in the makeup sense) like me, then this is the powder to start with! It's pretty cheap and does an awesome job! It's translucent so you don’t have to worry about colour matching, it doesn’t really have much of a smell and it doesn’t dry my skin out at all! I do find it slightly tightens my under eye area though, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing! I apply this (with my beauty blender) under my eyes, my forehead, chin, anywhere I want my makeup to last, and last it really does!

05.   Peach Body Lotion, The Body Shop // You know the drill here, with winter months comes dry skin blah blah blah… I've really been trying to keep on top of topping up my skins hydration levels and nothing helps more than a gorgeous smelling body lotion! Am I right?! Feast your eyes on this baby, it smells like sweet peaches (ok, so it's not a Christmas/winter scent, but I really don’t care!), applies super easily, dries down fast and most importantly makes my skin feel silky smooth – this is my second bottle of the stuff, I stocked up because I think it was part of their summer collection. I'm going to be mega gutted when this runs out! 

Even though I'm going to miss it being October, I'm seriously seriously loving November! I GOT ENGAGED!!! Yep, my boyfriend finally popped the question after 5 years together – he did it right before we saw Jurassic Park at the Royal Albert Hall, it was an incredible night! (I might do a post on it!) Also coming up this month I've also got a tattoo booked, I've got a Gilmore Girls marathon eve with some of my lovelies and I'm going to start my Christmas shopping!... let's enjoy the crap out of November people and may my positive vibes long continue.

Peace and mucho love to you all! xo
* Taking blog photos in the winter when you have a full time job - the struggle is real!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig