A beauty & lifestyle blog

Sunday 14 August 2016

My Biggest Beauty Haul!


I'm not kidding with the title here people, I think this is probably one the biggest hauls of beauty stuff I've put into a blog post! I was lucky enough to get a fair amount of birthday money last month and rather than just buy one great thing with the dollars, I bought myself lots of little great things (and a few were bought without using birthday money, but I'm still going to include them). I'm not gunna do a full review of every single thing I bought, that would be madness and hella long! But I'm probably gunna write a few words about each one, because I just can't keep my mouth shut when I love something! SO you should probably go get yourself a coffee or a snack to keep your strength up.

Ok, let's start this thing...

01.   Mac Mineralise Skin Finish // Ok, so this isn't a new product for me, but my old one had very sadly come to an end and I honestly can't be without this powder in my life! I love that the new packaging comes with a mirror!

02.   Mac Soft and Gentle // Gah! I've been after this one for AGES, but I was always like noo, you have a highlighter, you don't need this, but what's the point of saving birthday money when you can use it to buy yourself something that you wouldn't normally buy yourself... and she's so pretty!!!

03.   Mac Blush in Melba // This is another one I've been lusting over for a while. I'm so glad I've finally added this blush to my collection; I can already tell she's going to be well loved in all her peachy pink glory!

04.   Benefit Watt's Up // I've had this product for little while now (you can see it in my favourites post here) but it's still technically new to my stash so I'm including it here! It's subtle but gorgeous and I always get at least one compliment on my makeup whenever I wear this.



05.   Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze & Glow // I know what you're thinking, another highlighter?! I know I know, but I had a John Lewis voucher and since John Lewis now stock Charlotte Tilbury, I had no other option but to get this magnificent thing of beauty! Its jaw droppingly gorgeous, from the packaging to the product, I can't wait to use it!

06.   Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Bare Study // I had planned on getting the painterly paint pot but came across this one instead. It's shimmery, beautiful and would also make a lovely highlighter… I clearly had a thing for highlighters when I was shopping! Lol This is another one I can't wait to give a go!

07.   Sachajuan Ocean Mist Volume Shampoo & Conditioner // Are these not the prettiest shampoo and conditioners you've ever laid your eyes upon? The blues are stunning and they smell just like a holiday too. I have actually given these a go and can honestly say that I love them; I feel a hair care routine post coming up soon!

08.   Ouai Hair Oil // This is another one I couldn't wait to use so have already, and this Oil is incredible …and I'm not just saying that because this is a brand that the Kardashians are known to use! This smells like a fresh and floral summer garden and leaves my hair feeling so incredibly smooth and soft. Not one bit of frizz in sight! I think this might be joining the Sachajuan Ocean Mist duo in an upcoming post and will probably make an appearance in EVERY favourites post from now until forever!

09.   La Roche-Posay Effacer Duo (+) Unifiant in Light* // This is one of those products that you'll always find in my beauty stash. I tend to get the occasional hormonal breakout on my forehead or chin (urgh!), I can't use just any skincare product on my face (oh the joys of having super sensitive and allergic skin!) but this product is gentle enough to sort out my annoying pesky breakouts but still not harm or irritate my skin. I swear, I couldn’t be without this! This is a new launch from La Roche-Posay, it's still the original Effacer Duo (+) but with the added benefit of a little bit of coverage too – perfect for those "no makeup" makeup days or if you're like me and just too lazy to put on a full face of makeup lol! If you've got super sensitive and allergic skin like me and also get the occasional annoying spot or even have pores that need a bit of treatment (sometimes the pores on my nose get out of control and this just helps to clear them out and tighten them), I would recommend picking up a tube of this little miracle worker!

10.   La Roche-Posay Factor 50+ Ultra Light Anthelios XL Suncream // I know this one isn’t actually shown in the photos and that’s because I'd picked this up last minute and had already taken snaps of my goodies - But besides that, this is one great product! It's SPF 50+ (the plus is always a bonus) and its not thick and gloopy like most SPFs are, this one is quite light. I can apply this over the top of my moisturiser when needed or just apply a load of this on its own. Its hydrating enough for my dray skin, it doesn’t irritate or sting my skin like most SPFs do and it doesn’t break me out in a rash or hives – it's an all-round summer winner for me!

Well… that concludes the beauty half of this haul! Lol I think this has to be one of the biggest hauls I've ever popped up on my blog. I would have done a YouTube video (I guess it would have been the perfect starting off vid) but I just don’t feel like I'm "there" yet – plus who would want to see my mug on their screens blabbering away haha! If you've tried any of these products out, let me know what you think – with the exception of the La Roche Posay bits, the Benefit Watt's up and the Mac Skin finish, I've not tried any of these before. I can't wait to dig in and give them a go!

Up next… the non-beauty haul! xoxo
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. girl, you went to town but i love everything. i need to get myself a new ct bronze & glow. mine is almost empty and its one of my most loved products ever.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did, my spending spiralled out of control slightly lol I still haven't used the CT bronze and glow, eep! Its just looks too pretty to use lol - the one thing I recommend out of everything I bought is the Ouai hair oil!!! xo

      Delete
  2. watts up is one of my faves and i've been meaning to try some charlotte tilbury stuff for ages!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Ive been hearing a lot about the Ouai brand recently, I may have to take a little look because I may have a hair oil problem hehe :)
    xxx Claire
    http://www.claireellis.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig