A beauty & lifestyle blog

Saturday 6 June 2015

My Skin Care Routine // AM & PM



I’ve got a pretty simple, no fuss, non-fancy skincare routine that seems to be working for me right now, usually I’m forever switching up products. My morning & evening skincare routine is pretty much the same (with a few switch ups here and there) but this routine has been pretty solid for the past 2 months or so, so I thought I’d share it with you guys…

Step 1 – Cleanser //

Depending on what mood I’m in, whether I need to be speedy or I can take my time depends on what cleanser I use. If I’m in a rush, want to be quick or just can’t be bothered faffing with a muslin cloth then I’ll use my trusty Bioderma. I use this to take my makeup off (if I wear any) and to cleanse, I always make sure that if I’m taking makeup off that I (gently!) wipe as many cotton pads (I use the double faced oval cotton pads from Boots) covered in Bioderma over my face until it comes away clean! I mainly use Bioderma in the mornings to cleanse my face. It’s quick and gets the job done!

If I have a little more time or it’s an evening I use the Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm. This obvs requires more effort than the Bioderma, but it’s such a lovely cleanser and it leaves my skin feeling clean but nourished! It also smells just like a spa, heavenly! (You can check out my review of this beaut of a cleansing balm here if you like).

Step 2 - Toner/Acid Peel //

After cleansing I swipe one of the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads over my face.  I don't like to use a scrub or anything like that on my face, but I need something gentle to get rid of the dead skin cells that build up (yacky!).  I've really noticed a difference using these, and this is one step that is in my skincare routine to stay.  I mainly use these in my evening skincare routine but if I feel like my skin needs it, i'll use one in the morning too.

Step 3 - The Eye Cream //

Ok, I'm just gunna say it, I have THE worst dark circles, ever! No matter how much water I drink, no matter how much sleep I get, they are here to stay.  But a girl can try to help that situation out.  For my eye cream, I use the Clarins Eye Contour Gel, I've not noticed much of a reduction in the darkness of my circles but I do notice when I haven't used this in a while.  Because its a gel, I love using it in the mornings, it feels so cooling on my eyes. The gel is actually blue which is kinda cool! Also, as a woman in her 20s I wanna head start to keep those pesky eye wrinkles at bay!


Step 4 - Serums //

This is another step that I won't be skipping anytime soon! I use 2 different serums, both from Indeed Labs.  I talked about these in my Brand Focus post (you can see read there here) so I won't go on too much.  The first serum I use is the Hydraluron, great for keeping my skin hydrated and plumped! I let that sink in for a bit and I then apply the Pepta-Bright, it adds some oomph and glow back in to my skin and adds an extra layer of hydration - something that my air-con parched skin needs!

Step 5 - Moisturiser //

My current moisturiser is the Dr Organic Moroccan Argan Oil Night Time Moisturiser, I use it morning and night.  I fancied trying something organic and found this in Holland and Barrett, I'm not overly keen on the smell, but it's a good moisturiser, it gets the job done!  I only use a small amount as it can get quite oily, but for my dry and dehydrated skin, it isn't so bad! This is the one product I may change, just as long as its ok for sensitive skin!


The Extras

I have a few little extras in my routine to give me a helping hand from time to time... these little extras are always in my stash! 

Face Masks //

I'm in love with the Hydraluron sheet masks (you can read my review of them here), they're great if I need a quick hit of hydration! They're super easy to use and my skin just loves them!

Next up in my stash is the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Moisture Mask - longest name ever right?! I use this 2 or 3 times a week, I pop it on after my serums and hit the hay.  I really notice a difference in my skin in the morning! Its plumper, softer and generally just a happy camper! This mask also smells incredible! If i'm going away, this makes always comes with!

Form a cleansign mask, my skin loves the Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque.  I try to use this at least once a month to really clear out my skin - this is a cult mask for a reason! I use this mainly on my t-zone, especially when its that "time the month"! My skin tends to go a little cray cray then and i start to break out on my forehead and chin, I use this to combat it!

Lips //

I always have a lip product on the go as I suffer from dry lips pretty much all year round! To help me combat my dry lips I use the Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil (check out my review here) - I put this on at night and in the morning I wake up with super soft and hydrated lips! This also smells and tastes incredible! Its not sticky at all and i've really noticed a difference in the condition of lips since I started using it!

Honourable mention //

My honourable mention here goes to La Roche Posay Effecter Duo [+].  This is another product I like to keep in my stash and one that I tend to use around that "time" again.  This product is amazing at tackling my hormonal breakouts and minimising my pores! I also use this on my arms, I know that sounds a little weird BUT - I live in an area with super hard water and I get a few little bumps on my arms (ugh!) I use this to tackle that problem too and it works a treat! Its just an all round great multi tasking product! Unfortunately I've ran out so thats why its not in the pics!

Well, thats my non-fuss, easy skincare routine - This ended up to be more ramble-y than I wanted it to be, but chest la vie! If there's any products that you think I'd like/need in my life, help a gal out and drop me a comment! Hope you're all having a beautiful weekend! xo
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Ever since using Hydraluron I will never go without it! My skins never looked as good. Pepta-bright looks like its worth a look into too! Elemis Cleansing balm is also beautiful! I want to try the budget friendly Clinique take the balm off cleanser.
    Great Post - I love the all the products you've mentioned!

    www.lizziebeautyloves.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this routine! Some of these products are total must haves.

    I'm a fashion blogger in NYC. To follow my adventures featuring the best of New York's fashion and food, check out sustenanceandstyle.com. Contact me to collaborate! Always looking to work with new bloggers. See you there xx

    - Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig