A beauty & lifestyle blog

Monday 15 September 2014

My 3 Skincare Miracles!



OK ladies, ya’ll know the drill with this one! This past week I’ve been, how do you say, “surfing the crimson wave” (If any of you get the film reference there, +10 points lol!) and my skin has just gone CRAY! I’ve never broken out like this before, granted I’ve not broken out tons, but I do have a few dreaded spotties, yuck! I mainly get them on my forehead or chin (the general t-zone area), but this time I’ve had a couple pop up on my cheek, how very dare they!! (I’ve also been stuffing my face full of junk and I’ve not been well lately, so my skin hiccup is probably a result of all the above combined!)

Anywaysss… I routed around in my beauty stash for some serious help and I found these 3 absolutes BABES that have really helped my skin and kept the dreaded spotties at bay! So here’s my #winning trio!

01.  Origins Super Spot remover //  Don’t let this tiny tub fool you! You only need the teeney tiniest amount so this has lasted me a good while! I put a small amount of this where needed, although as I break out on my forehead I do tend to put a little bit more of this on there! Then I let that work its magic for a minute or so.  It does tingle a little when first applied but it does stop after a couple of seconds or so, I kinda like that it tingles though, I feel like it’s actually doing something. It also feels slightly tacky after applied but that goes when you put your moisturiser or another skin care product on top.  I have to say, hands down, this stuff is amazing! I‘ve got like 3 or 4 friends hooked on this! I would say that I’m not sure how this would fair up on acne, but for the odd breakout, you need this in your life!

Origins Spot Remover 10ml - £15, you can find it on the Origins website here.

02.  La Roch Posay Effeclar Duo + //  Corr, everyone and their mum knows about how great this stuff is by now! I like to put a thin layer of this on my t-zone and, as it tends to dry my skin out a little, if I have any breakouts that aren’t in my t-zone area, I dab this on the dreaded spottie itself rather than swipe it all over the cheeks or wherever. I like to put this on after applying the Origins Super Spot Remover. I generally use this in my night time skin care routine because, like I say, it does dry my skin out and being in an air-conditioned office that sucks the life out of my skin anyway, its causes me to have horrid dry patches! But as I’ve broken out more than usual this past week I have been using it as part of my morning routine as well. So far, no dry patches as I’ve been using a different moisturiser! Side note - I’m a sensitive skin girl and the La Roch Posay Effeclar Duo + is fine with my skin.

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo [+] 40ml - £13.50. You can find out a little bit more of the sciency stuff and purchase this on the Escentual website here.



03.  Aesop Parsley Seed Facial Cleansing Masque //  I’ve not spoken about this on my little slice of the internet before but I’m pretty sure this is another one of those cult products that everyone knows about by now!  This masque is seriously amazing! It’s a clay based masque, you pop it on, let it dry and I like to use a muslin cloth to get it off to really cleanse the skin.  This week I needed a masque that would really clear my skin out and get rid of the nasties so I decided to go for this one! Not only does it really cleanse my skin, as it’s a clay based masque, it gets into my pores and dries up the little nasties that’s in/on my skin! A double whammy and perfect for my skin right now! The masque smells quite medicinal and tree tree like to me, but I don’t mind that.  I highly recommend this masque, it’s also great to use weekly as a little skin pamper treat!

Aesop Parsley seed Cleansing Mask - £27.  You can pick it up from Cult Beauty here.

If there are any skin care products that are worth a try, recommendations will be greatly appreciated! xo
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I'm absolutely dying for the Aesop Parsley Seed Mask!!! It looks so great, I have the origins charcoal one and it is a bit too harsh for my skin right now
    Allison from www.mercuteify.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard so many good things about the Origins Spot Remover - I've always been a bit weary about buying it as I haven't ever had good results with topical spot treatments, but I am sooo tempted to give it a go!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard about the Origins Spot Remover to be very affective. Great review and keep up the good work.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking products, thanks for sharing! :)

    I have a new outfit post up, would love to know your thoughts! :)

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try this mask, my skin needs it at the moment!

    over on my blog i am having a real techniques, ysl and barry m give away

    http://milliecbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/real-techniques-ysl-and-barry-m-giveaway.html

    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig