A beauty & lifestyle blog

Sunday 10 January 2016

Top Beauty Products Of 2015


I felt like 2015 went by in a flash and I honestly can't believe I'm sat here typing this post in 2016. It just doesn't feel like like a whole year has gone by yet!

I can't really pinpoint just one highlight of 2015, it all kind of went by in a hurry and a blur, but what I can say is that I found some proper great beauty product finds in 15'... I think I'm gunned break everything down in to categories and see how that goes ... So, I'm just gunna roll with it and jump right in and tell you what products I loved last year (I've been brutal and narrowed it down to the best of the best!)

SKIN CARE



01. Bioderma //
Ok, this is a pretty obvious one.  What can I say, for me this is one cleanser that I can't ever picture myself being without! Its super easy, it doesn't irritate my skin, it leaves my skin feeling clean yet hydrated... it rocks, I love it!

02.  Clarins HydraQuench Cream // My skin took a drive down dry dry avenue this year and I had no idea how to turn it around.  I knew my skin loved Clarins so when talking to one of the women at one of the counters she recommended this to me and its worked like A DREAM! I don't think I'm ever going to change this moisturiser and I recommend it to everyone!

03.  Clarins HydraQuench Intese Serum // This came in a little gift set that came with the Clarins cream I just mentioned and this is by far one of the BEST serums I've ever used to treat dry skin! My skin drinks this baby up and its a MUST for anyone that works in offices that crank the aircon up just a notch too far!

I used to have awful dry sky with yucky flaky patches, but since using the Clarins combo above, no dry skin for me! And I'm always told I have a lovely complexion - I put that down to drinking 2 litres of water a day and Clarins!

04.   Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask // This is actually one of the only products from Origins that doesn't upset my skin and I'm soo glad because this is another skincare item I just couldn't be without now.  Like I mention above, I'm in the dry skin camp and if I've had a heavy night before or I'm feeling crappy, I put this on at night and wake up in the morning with really happy skin! Hands down, this is one of the best hydrating masks! Side note: If I'm having a home day and I know i'm not going anywhere, I use this as my moisturiser for the day! It also smells incredible, like peaches and mangos.

05.  Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel Mask // If my skin is looking a little dull and it needs some brightening up, I bring out this bad boy! This is another mask that smells incredible and is an all round total babe. I don't know how it does it, but it just brings my skin back to life.

06.   Hydraluron Moisture Boosting Mask // This is my all time favourite sheet mask and it does exactly what it says on the packet! I'd highly highly recommend this mask if you need that instant quick hit of hydration to make your skin look plum and luscious.  Sheet masks are also super easy! Once I'm done with this, I peel it off, throw it away and rub in the excess product, I don't want to wast any!

07.   Elemis Pro-Collagen Hydra-Gel Eye Masks // If your looking for an eye mask, look no further.  These are incredible. They don't irritate at all and leave my eyes looking a hella lot better, brighter and dare I say it perkier and tighter looking! They are kinda pricey so I reserve these for when I desperately need them or for special occasions.

I'm sensing a Clarins and Elemis theme with my skin care ... and clearly I'm all about the masks!

HAIR & BODY



08.   OGX Kukui Shampoo and Conditioner // I discovered this brand after watching one of Caroline Hirons videos and then one of the Instagrammers I follow posted them, I asked her what she thought, she loved them, I went straight out and bought them! These smell heavenly, like holiday heavenly and the smell lingers in my hair too which I quite like.  They make my hair feel soft and its definitely less frizzy! I recently recommend this combo to a friend who is now also a massive fan, winner!

09.  Charles WorthingtonOvernight Ultimate Hair Healer Mask // This is a great overnight hair mask! I try to use a  hair mask at least once a week - I have long, fine hair.  I do use straighteners on it too so I always try and give my hair a helping hair when I can.  My hair just seems to love this one the best.  I pop it in, leave it over night, wash it out the next morn gin and my hair always feels and looks a lot better after! 

10.   The Body Shop Coconut Body Milk // Ok, lets face it, in winter its not just a dry face we get! I wanted a moisturiser that sank in quick, smelt great and really moisturised my skin without leaving it feeling all sticky... this body milk does all of that! I actually got asked what perfume I was wearing once and it was this! I of course directed them straight to The Body Shop!

MAKEUP


Well, I've saved my favourite thing to talk about till last and of course I have more in this category than any other the others.  I think I'm just gunna tackle this by the order I apply everything to my face...

11.   Bobbi Brown Corrector in Extra Light Bisque // I carry this with me everywhere and use it on the reg! I apply it before I put on the next product I'm going to talk (rave) about.  Take this from a gal with sever dark under eye circles, you need this! This is a true desert island must have!

12.   Nars Radient Creamy Concealer in Vanilla // This is the one concealer that I've kept going back to.  Its not too cakey yet it still covers everything and I mean everything.  This is hands down my all time favourite concealer that I've ever used.  If you can get your hands on this, never let it go!

13.   Chanel Les Beiges in N.20 // 1. Its Chanel and who doesn't love Chanel?! 2. This does a great job at setting my makeup, getting rid of shine and just generally giving my skin that lil somethin somethin that you can't quite put your finger on... I just need to get my hands on N.10 for my paler winter days!

14.   Rimmel Blush in 010 Santa Rose // I don't know what it is about this blush, but i've been reaching for this over all the other blushers I have in my collection this past year.  Its just the right about of pinky peach and it gives you a lovely natural flush to your cheeks.  It also never looks ott, no matter how much you apply...and because it's Rimmel, its also a great price!

15.   Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in Pillow Talk // Christ, the amount i've banged on about this this year...you know what, I'm not even sorry! I've been well and truly on the nude lip band waggon this year and this kicked it all off.  This is a major love for me! A must have for every nude lip lovers makeup bag! Side note:  I like to slightly over draw my lips when i'm wearing this, it gives you that perfect Kylie Jenner pout without looking fake!

16.   Burberry Kisses Lipstick in No. 05 Nude Pink // This is the perfect throw on, my lips but better lip colour.  Its quite sheer in cover so you can slap this on even without a mirror and its perfect for those no makeup makeup days.  This would suit every skin tone and shade and just sits so lovely on the lips, its actually quite moisturising too. (The reason why its so small is because it was a sample I got given from the Burberry shop in Covent Garden - they have the most lovely staff!)

17.   Mac Glaze Lipstick in Hue // This is another favourite nude of mine.  This has a hint more pigment and lasting power than the Burberry and is a touch more pink but its gorgeous.  It goes with every makeup look and I just love the sweet smell that all Mac lipsticks seem have.  I fill in my lips with the Charlotte Tilbury lip cheat and layer this over the top, its my perfect nude lip combo!

18.   Tom Ford lipstick in Vanille // What makeup lovin' gal doesn't love Tom Ford?! I couldn't not have a Tom Ford lip product in my top beauty products of 2015 and as I'm on a nude lipstick kick still, this is my perfect Tom Ford nude lip colour! (How many times can I say Tom Ford in a sentence? lol) These lipsticks pack quite a punch so for this particular shade I like to pat it on my lips rather than have a fall on wash of colour.

18.   Benefit Roller Lash Mascara // I'll eat my words when it comes to this mascara.  I get compliments on how long my lashes are every time I wear it and it doesn't do that whole panda eyes smudgy thing most non-waterproof mascara do. Its the one mascara I've been reaching for the most this year and I'd definitely pick this over any other high end mascara!

19.   Zoeva 110 Face Shape Brush // I know is small but for me personally this is the perfect brush for applying my foundation.  The hairs are so soft and because its not huge I have more control when applying foundation, especially around the eye area. This has completely replaced the Real Techniques buffing brush for me this year!

20.   Mac 187 Duo Fiber Face Brush // I just love this brush for applying powder! Because of the due fibres, when you brush the power over your skin it never looks too cakey or over done, its a pretty darn perfect powder brush if you ask me!

Corr, well, that was a long one, I hope you didn't get too bored! & hopefully I recommend some products that have perked your interests?

Hope you lovelies are having a great weekend! xo

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I think it's time I try out the Nars concealer, it sounds amazing. I also really like the sound of the Charlotte Tilbury lip liner, lovely post! xx

    Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are two products you NEED!!! Trust me! :) xo

      Delete
  2. Benefit Roller Lash is the best mascara I have EVER tried - great posts with so many lovely products!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm a massive fan of it too, Its the one mascara I just kept going back to last year. I got so many compliments about my lashes when I was wearing it! xo

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read and appriciate every single one of them <3

Blogger Template Created by pipdig